Sunday 23 September 2012

Are you sitting comfortably?
Then I'll begin;

First off, let me say hello =)

Hi! My name is Samantha, and tomorrow I'll be embarking on the journey of a lifetime, for tomorrow is my first day at the School of Artisan Food!

I've come here with the intention of completing their Advanced Diploma in Bakery, but I reserve the right to switch to Cheesemaking or Butchery if the need arises ;)

Yesterday I packed up my things & moved North some 97 miles, to the sleepy village of Creswell, where I'll be staying for the next 10 months or so.  There isn't all that much here, although I did stumble across a small meadow today, which could be a lovely place to sit & watch the birds when the weathers a bit brighter.

The village is some 3 miles from the School, and I don't have my own transport... Luckily, the folks at the School will be presenting me with my very own School bike tomorrow afternoon, which will be my sole means of getting to School & back.

So far I've only met one fellow Student; my housemate Loren, who arrived a couple of hours ago, so I don't know all that much about her yet, but she seems friendly enough =)

She'll be taking advantage of the School bicycles as well, so there's at least one other person I can ride with, which is nice really, especially as I'm not all that confident on two wheels... o.0

Well, that's really all there is to say so far.  All that remains is to get an early night so I'm well rested & ready to start my new adventure!

I'll let you know how it goes; wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment